Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Nothing Should be left Blank

In honor of my new blog, i thought it appropriate to discuss the void that is present today. I know what everyone is thinking, "What void?" isn't there an overwhelming presence of information and communication in our newly technological world? To those people, i can only offer you a simple "yes." Still i feel obligated to bring to the front the quality of the substance we feel so overwhelmed by.

I've heard it over and over again, it is not the quantity but the quality that is important, and i can't help but want to apply that notion to my everyday surroundings. To that idea i ask the question, why are we the way we are? The world has become saturated with advertisements, jingles, slogans, interfaces, mobile communications, promotions, pop-ups, and everything else under the sun. So how are we as a growing community (not just local but global) going to sift out the good from the bad?

The World Is No Longer White and Black, But EVERY SHADE OF GREY!

The question can not be: is this advertisement good or bad, is it worth listening to or drowning out, or should I ignore it or dive in? There is just too much of out there. We have to be a more conscious and intelligent community of consumers and providers. We need to answer the calling from both the corporate community and the community only we can answer to, ourselves. The responsibility that I place on you (and feel i don't have the right to charge everyone with this responsibility but I'm going to anyway) is to become the informed consumer that everyone in the advertising community hopes you are. Surprise yourselves and us ... we know you have it in you.

On a more personal note, this is my first blog entry ever. So there could easily be somethings that i could improve on but i plan on commenting on the countless thoughts that float through my mind on a daily basis. So if for some reason this entry didn't resonate with you, check back soon because I'm sure I'll have something that will either make you hate me, love me or find that middle ground (that space between black and white that I live my life) that I have so affectionately dubbed the SHADES OF GREY.

No comments: