Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome Back!...

Happy New Year Everyone! It is 2008! So with the New Year starting up I thought it would be appropriate to discuss resolutions and goals. It is a tradition that at the beginning of every New Year we make a promise to ourselves to better who we are. Either we try to kick those bad habits or lose those few extra pounds, what ever it is, usually it is something that we have been meaning to get around to but just haven't found the motivation. Normally these resolutions revolve around our personal life but they don't have to. What I am saying is that instead of making a resolution to only better your health or personality (because that is usually what people do ex: lose weight, be more out going, be more honest, quit smoking, etc...), make a career resolution as well.

I think people tend to neglect their profession in ways that they may not notice. I know I am guilty of doing this. We all are in pursuit of that perfect job. Some of us out there have been fortunate while others are still fighting, but I think we can all benefit from a promise to ourselves to complete that project that has been sitting on the side at work for as long as we can remember.

Me, personally, I have made a resolution to put myself out there and increase my presence in the graphic design community. To do this I am going to be taking on more free-lance jobs, I will be posting a new website that accommodates my pursuits, I am going to become more active with AIGA, and I will be making TWO POSTS A WEEK! (just in case you can't get enough of me.) I am sure that there will be other ways for me to bring myself to the forefront and they will present themselves to me as I trudge through 2008.

I am curious about what you might be thinking as far as a work resolution for this New Year. I would like to hear what everyone is thinking or if you have any ideas for me. Any ideas would be great.

P.S. - I just started a new blog. There is not a whole lot of me talking but I have been posting my art on that site. Check it out! I will be starting 5 new paintings this month so also keep an eye out for those as well!

No comments: