Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Who Are We (Part:4)...


Ok. I know I promised that every Monday I would post about someone in the Graphic Design community that I thought was worth knowing. I APOLOGIZE for faulting on my promise. It has been a difficult week (and it is only Tuesday!) but this week's highlighted designer is worth the wait.

Anyone out there who has had any formal training in graphic design has almost had to have had a little bit of history in the subject. You most likely have heard of Milton Glaser. Now to those of you from the Big Apple. This guy is like a hero. His designs not only re-ignited the worlds affair with New York but his " I 'heart' New York" campaign revitalized New York City, basically bringing it out of the modern dark ages and giving those that lived there a certain sense of self pride. Not many people can say that about their work.

Milton Glaser didn't stop there. He has since gone on to accomplish what most of us in the design community can only dream of. So if you are interested in Milton Glaser, check him out. He is truly an inspiration and a design role model. As always, I would like to hear from you as well. Let me know what you think about Milton Glaser or if you have any other people you would recommend that I check out.

No comments: