Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Who Are We (Part:15)...


I know I missed my usual deadline for my weekly post Who Are We and again I'm sorry (I don't mean for this to be a reoccurring theme!). This time however I had a reason for not posting on Monday. I wanted to start April off with a great addition to my blog. I wanted to add something different and take my blog someplace it had never been. I've explored the western European states, ventured into Russia, and of course, tackled the United States. It seems odd that I have yet to find someone from my neighbor to the north. But no longer because this week I am taking you to the great country of Canada to highlight a designer who is more than deserving of a place in my Who Are We posts.

This remarkable woman's name is Carole Guevin and she currently resides in Montreal, Quebec. Her job title is listed as Chief Imagineer at PixelTable. I'm assuming that this is along the lines of CEO or Lead Art Director because of her success story that I read while researching her. She is taking a company that had been purchased from a conglomerate and reworking it, head to toe, while still remaining connected with the existing clients. She understands that a smooth transition is the key to achieving this daunting task.

But how does all this tie into the graphic design community? Well, besides the fact that she is indeed an excellent designer (which you can see for yourself at her companies website: PixelTable), she is also into blogging. Yes, you're right, last week I also mentioned designer who is a "blogger". Just like Debbie Millman, Carole Guevin is known for both her graphic design accomplishments and her creative blog. Her blog, NetDiver, has been named by leading leading professionals as one of the 42 Design/Tech Magazines To Read and was part of the 100 Websites You Should Know and Use lecture given by Julius Wiedemann. NetDiver offers interesting reads, current design community news, and great designs in general. It's a great place to go when you are in need of some inspiration or you just have a few minutes to spare in-between projects. Check it out when you have some spare time, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Let me know what you think of this weeks addition to my weekly Who Are We posts. As always, I am constantly in search of great designers to research and add to my blog. If you have someone in mind, send me an email or just simply comment. I will look into them and who knows, you could see them up here some time soon.

No comments: