Monday, February 18, 2008

Who Are We (Part:9)...


Every week I try to spotlight a designer I think you should know about. It has always helped me with my designs to see what others are doing and to try to understand the design community. Knowing where we are heading is the best way to stay fresh in the market. So it surprised me this week when I was introduced (figuratively) to man who is deemed "the most famous graphic designer on the planet" - Creative Review Mag. I feel ashamed that I have gone this long and not mentioned David Carson as a designer that you must know.

Why can people honestly say that this man has revolutionized the design community and is most likely the biggest player in our field. He has more honors than I could even start to mention, clients that every designer drools over, and his designs are truly innovative. He even has a Wikipedia page (you know you've made it when you have your own Wikipedia page with more than just a little blurb). Traveling to speak to thousands of students and fellow designers is just another aspect to this great designer. There is so much to say about David Carson that I'm going to refer you to just one of the many websites that highlight this man's amazing career. Also keep an eye out, soon I'll link you to an interview with David Carson that I think you will find interesting and helpful.

As always, I am open for suggestion. Let me know what you think of this weeks candidate and if you have anyone you think belongs amongst the greats.

No comments: